Sunday, January 20, 2013

Dr. Seuss Diaper Cake





I went to a baby shower today which was a gender reveal party for a couple who love Dr. Seuss.  My perfect chance to make a Dr. Seuss diaper cake! I got some great Dr. Seuss scrapbook paper (two different patterned papers for the borders and a cat in the hat paper for the cut-outs), red & white ribbon (which was not totally necessary because I could have repeated the blue paper border from the bottom layer), and yellow paper shreds at JoAnn's.  Once, I got the pack of diapers, I had everything I needed.  Fun!

(Note: I taped the 3 cut-outs on top to a straw and stuck the straw into a top layer diaper roll in order to create some height.  I also added a few other straws to hold the layers together.  I cut a circle out of cardboard to create a base under the diaper cake for easier transporting)







1 comment: